Seven Characteristics of a Youth Worker
A Youth Worker is an educator who engages with young people in a diverse setting. They create relationships in order to create a condition of learning. Youth Work is a Social Practice. This is used through personal information, advice and, guidance work. Social Practice enables young people to practice their values, morals, attitudes, and behaviors. In a youth setting, the setting is set up to pull young people in. From there, the youth worker works together with the young people to create a space that is comfortable for everyone. The youth worker gives the mic to the young people. Asking them how they want the program to run. Youth work is social justice. This is understanding the oppression and power, commitment to empowerment, and the ability to focus on change. The role of the youth worker is to address power imbalances in the community. Youth work is supporting causes, walks that young people want to participate in. Young people chose to be involved in this kind of work rather tha...
Hey Gianna, Girl, the more creative blogs I see, the worse I feel about my own (lol)
ReplyDeleteYour page looks awesome and look forward to seeing more posts.
How was the Greek life? I always wanted to be apart of a sorority. I have a passion for doing work in communities as well.
Who are the precious girls in the bottom picture?
Talk to you soon. See you in class!!